Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Obama Victorious

I remain skeptical that Obama will live up to the dreams and promises that he has put forward during this campaign. However, I think it is an obviously outstanding thing that an African American has been elected as President of the United States. I hope that Obama can be a great president, and prove the conservatives wrong. I pray that he can put aside his partisan feelings and history of liberal ideals and move to the center to acheive things that the majority of Americans will believe in. I pray that he will not cater to Pelosi, Reed, and their special interests. I hope he will be an independent voice.

My vote for McCain was based on my perception that he would be the least risky candidate. If he failed as President, I didn't think it would be so bad as if Obama failed us. On the otherhand, McCain probably cannot take us as far and bring in the change of the guard from the Boomers to GenX, Y, and Beyond that Obama potentially can do. Obama says he can improve our stature in the world, and bring the US back to a leadership position to protect our national interests. I am rooting for him to be successful, and I will pray for him to be successful.

What could have been is no more, it is now up to Barack Hussein Obama to lead us out of economic crisis, complete the wars to satisfaction, and return the US to a leadership position in the world. Personally, I hope that his advisors and cabinet will be made up of leaders from both parties, and that he will place the interests of the USA above the interests of reelection, the Democrat party, and the new special interests chomping at the bit to take over Washington, DC.

No comments: