Monday, June 8, 2009

Who else is making money on Obama?

I know the unions are making money, and the banks that have been bailed out, but there is also another level of marketing of Obama, and I don't think it is just the same old buy it for nostalgia reasons.

I was at Costco the other day. And besides the children's books, memorial Michelle and Barack books, there are also CD's of election music and liberal bands who supported Barack in the election. Now on facebook, there is an add, where I, for the low, low price of $325 can buy the same watch that Barack Obama wears. On the CD, there is actually a credit for some Elect Obama group. So my question is, does Obama make any royalty off of these items? Is this to put money back in the coffers for the 2012 campaign, or to pay off the inaugaration parties? There is an insidious marketing machine there, and it is not just mainstream/state run media in the ideasphere...

No comments: